Search Engines and browsers are getting reinvented by using billions of tools to empower people with better knowledge of the world.
AI-powered Binge search Engine and Edge browser will be launched today and the preview is currently available at Binge.com. It will improve the search with more complete answers and will give the users a new chat experience along with the ability to generate content. These tools will act as an AI copilot for the web.
Satya Nadella, Chairman and CEO, of Microsoft, stated that “AI will fundamentally change every software category, starting with the largest category of all – search,”. Today Binge and Edge powered by AI copilot will be launched enabling people to get more from search and the web.
Today there are around 10 million search queries in a day out of which half remain unanswered. The reason behind this search is used to do things that were not thought of when it was designed. It has a basic use of finding the website but it falls short for complex questions or tasks.
The latest Binge and Edge- The copilot for the web
Search, Browsing and chat are combined to give a one-stop-solution for the users to deliver:
- Better Search: It gives a familiar search experience with an improved new version. It will provide more relevant results even for simple queries like scores, market prices, and weather along with a new sidebar that will display more comprehensive answers in case the user requires them.
- Complete answers: To summarise the answer any user is looking for Binge will review results from across the web. Without scrolling through multiple results the user can get detailed instructions for how to make some recipes with the available ingredient at that moment.
- A new chat experience: It offers a new interactive chat for more complex searches like planning for any itinerary or researching for some product. One can refine the search by asking for more details, clarity, and ideas until a complete answer is given. It will make the links available so that you can decide immediately.
- A creative spark: It will help you to generate the content and help you with writing emails, creating an itinerary with links for your action, job interview preparations, or creating a quiz for any event. The new Binge will also list down the links of the sources of information for the user to refer to.
- New experience: The updated Edge browser is with new AI capabilities, a new look, and two new functionalities to chat and compose. With the Edge sidebar, the user can ask to summarise any lengthy reports in comparison with the competitor’s report. It will also help in composing content for the LinkedIn post and the user can ask to update the tone, and change the format or length of the post accordingly. Edge is made capable of understanding the web page a user is browsing and adapts accordingly.
Reinventing Search using AI
Four technical breakthroughs are there for the new Binge experience:
- Next-generation OpenAI model: The new Binge will run on a new, next-generation OpenAI large language model making it more powerful than ChatGPT and is customized especially for search. According to the key learning and advancements of ChatGPT and GPT-3.5, it is more accurate and capable at a faster pace.
- Microsoft Prometheus model: It is a collection of capabilities and techniques of the Prometheus model and allows the user to best leverage its power. It gives the user more timely, relevant, and targeted results with improved safety.
- Applying AI to core search algorithm: The AI model is applied to the core Bing search ranking engine to give the largest relevant result in the decades. Even basic search queries are more relevant and accurate with this AI model.
- New user Experience: A completely new way to interact with the web is available through a great combination of search, browser, and chat.
These new experiences are available because Microsoft is committed to building Azure into an AI supercomputer for the world and this infrastructure is used by OpenAI to train the breakthrough models that are now being optimized for Bing.
Microsoft and OpenAI:
To discourage harmful content Microsoft with OpenAI is implementing safeguards. Issues like misinformation and disinformation, content blocking, data safety, and preventing the promotion of harmful or discriminatory content are being addressed by the team in line with their AI principles.
This will ensure that the designed AI system is responsible as the entire team of researchers, engineers, and policy experts are together working on the AI ecosystem which will in turn mitigate any risk factor.
Live today in a limited preview
Today the new Binge is available on desktop for a limited preview and one can visit Binge.com today to sign up for a waitlist and try for sample queries. In the coming weeks, the preview will be available to millions including mobile users.
Once the new Binge and Edge are available in the real world they will be improved with the critical feedback and they will be scaled simultaneously.